Mr. Pasquale is a trial lawyer who concentrates on catastrophic plaintiff’s personal injury cases, the majority of which are medical malpractice cases. “I thoroughly enjoy advocating for my clients.” Mr. Pasquale says. “It is a privilege to be given the responsibility to speak on behalf of another person concerning matters that are oftentimes crucial in that person’s life.”
From 1985 to 1990, Mr. Pasquale was an Assistant District Attorney for Middlesex County, where he prosecuted hundreds of major felony cases in the Superior Court. During his tenure there, Mr. Pasquale was appointed to a select group of Assistant District Attorneys who focused mainly on the prosecution of first degree murder cases.
Since then, Mr. Pasquale has handled hundreds of medical malpractice cases and has been lead counsel in numerous cases that have resulted in both million and multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements. In 2002, Mr. Pasquale was listed in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as achieving two million-dollar-plus settlements. There were only 55 such settlements in Massachusetts that year.
In 2009, Mr. Pasquale was lead counsel in a medical malpractice case involving the mismanagement of a patient with pregnancy-induced hypertension. The jury awarded Mr. Pasquale’s client more than $10 million with interest. The verdict was recognized by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly as the fourth largest verdict in Massachusetts for 2009. Also that year, Mr. Pasquale mediated two obstetrical malpractice cases that resulted in settlements of $3 million and $5.4 million. Recently, Mr. Pasquale was lead counsel in an arbitration where his client was awarded in excess of $450,000 based on a surgery that resulted in the wrongful removal of one of her kidneys.
Mr. Pasquale is a published author on the topic of medical malpractice risk management for physicians. He has participated as a guest lecturer in many continuing legal education seminars. Mr. Pasquale has been an invited lecturer by the Attorney General of Massachusetts to speak on the topic of expert witness cross-examination. He has served as the co-coach of the New England School of Law mock trial team. He is a member of the America Association for Justice, serves on the Board of Governors of the Bar Association, Worcester Bar Association, and the Plymouth Bar Association.
Mr. Pasquale is a magna cum laude graduate of both Boston College High School (1976) and Boston College (1980). Mr. Pasquale received his law degree from Boston College Law School with honors in 1985, where he won the Regional Mock Trial Competition and went on to represent Boston College Law School in the national competition. Mr. Pasquale’s legal writing skills earned him an invitation to join the Boston College International and Comparative Law Review. Mr. Pasquale also received the Joseph S. Oteri Award for oral advocacy.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Construction Site Accidents
- Products Liability
- Auto Accidents
- General Negligence
Federal District Court, 1991
- J.D. (Cum Laude) – Boston College Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Honors: Winner, Regional Mock Trial Competition
- Honors: Joseph S. Oteri Award for Oral Advocacy
- Law Journal: International and Comparative Law Review, 1984 – 1985
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) – Boston College, Chesnut Hill, MA, USA || Major: English
- Medical Malpractice Risk Management for Physicians
- Invited Lecturer, Expert Witness Cross Examination, Attorney General of Massachusetts
- Guest Lecturer, Continuing Legal Education Seminars
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Massachusetts Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Suffolk Law School, Mock Trial Competition
- Boston College, Law School Mock Trial Competition
- Boston College, IL Mentor Program
- Co-Coach, New England School of Law Mock Trial Team